A Drop of Wisdom

"You can always edit a bad page, you can't edit a blank page."
Jodi Picoult



Thursday, October 19, 2017

Important Values

Sue Smith


My life has been based on values
Being truthful, loyal honest and kind
Determination and independence are important
A positive attitude and a sound mind

My mum taught me these traits
Of how to treat people well
Trying not to be judgemental
Of mistakes try not to dwell

I feel these lessons have helped me
As I was growing up self-reliant
In my friendships and relationships
Even during a bad breakup rant

I’ve tried to instil my values
To my children over the years
I feel I’ve encouraged them to be strong
Although there has been some tears

Now as I am getting older
My basic rules still all apply
Love, sharing, caring and respect
Good morals will always rank high

No comments:

Post a Comment